Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bruised but Unbroken

Actually, the layer of eggnog latte around my hips protected me from unsightly bruises and abrasions. I look fine, but feel like a 42 year old woman who fell down the stairs.

Emotionally, however, I'm totally chuffed.
Yesterday I opened my e-mail and had a bonus from a website that I write for, and it cheered me up immensely. It has been 15 years since I last got an employee bonus! I felt valued, appreciated and validated. Who knew a $50 certificate to Amazon.com could do so much?

Indeed, it has lit my holiday spirit up, and I woke up at 5am with a list in my head of last minute items, and couldn't wait to hustle downstairs (carefully) to write them down. I can't believe I forgot to get gingerbread house supplies, Christmas Crackers (the British ones, not the edible kind) and pumpkin pie. I don't like it, but the family does, so why isn't there one to be found in any of our three refrigerators?
There is a reason for the three--another time...

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

On the easel: Azul the blue Great Dane
On the laptop: Living in a gay ghetto
On the art table: completed drawings of three blondes
On the nightstand: The Perfect Paragon by M. C. Beaton
On tape: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (really)
On my mind: Shopping, art, writing, my wife and my approaching 20th anniversary, how much I love our three children, the magic of Christmas, hope

No comments: