Monday, September 15, 2008

Oregon Book Awards

On September 5th, as we were driving out of town to Waldo Lake, I opened the envelope from Literary Arts and discovered my book was a Finalist for the Oregon Book Awards Sarah Winnemucca Award for Creative Nonfiction. I had to read the letter five times before I would believe it and tell my spouse. The warm news resonated in my creative soul and I archived it in my memory against those inevitable moments involving rejection letters to come.

Months ago I said that even being a Finalist would be wonderful, and it is true, making all those months of rewriting worth it. I will go to the 22nd Annual Oregon Book Awards ceremony (cocktail dress attire?) on November 9th, and be happy just to be there, among such talented Oregon writers.

http://www.literary-arts.org/index.php?article=848

No comments: