Thursday, March 05, 2009

More Books For Queer Kids

You gotta love the library. I was renewing my books online this morning, when I thought I'd check out the Teen section of the library website. I am supposed to be editing my YA novel (got stalled by my mom-in-law's heart attack, but will resume shortly--she's recovered marvelously by the way) and continue to do research on YA fiction in general, and queer themes in particular, because there is one in my book.

So I clicked on Teen, then scrolled down the page and saw GLBTQ and clicked on that, expecting the handful of books I've found via Amazon, etc. But no, there were many I'd never heard of as well. Hooray for queer teens living today, instead of in the dark ages when we thought The Well of Loneliness was living large.

To check out the library's list, go to http://www.multcolib.org/teens/glbt.html

No comments: