Thursday, December 31, 2009

Annual Young Adult Literary Roundup

Okay, so ever since last year, when I wrote a first-draft YA in November, I've been reading Young Adult fiction like there's no tomorrow. This is a change of pace for me; I've been reading mysteries virtually non-stop for decades, and suddenly I discover a whole new genre, and the subgenre of paranormal YA to boot. I'm hoping it will help the editing of the first-draft Young Adult novel I wrote last month, with werewolves.

Reading Twilight was only the beginning.

So for anyone who likes YA or has a YA-loving girl in his or her life, here's the latest list of YA I love:

Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Strange Angels & Betrayed by Lili St. Crow
The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Just Listen and Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Ready or Not and Missing You by Meg Cabot
The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Ash by Malinda Lo
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

No comments: