Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's Been 30 Days Since My Last Post

Where has the time gone? Well, first of all, since I last spent time with this blog, I wrote a novel for National Novel Writing Month. That took a lot of my none too copious free time. I was hoping to spend the last two weeks, since Dec. 1, on editing it, but illness indicated otherwise, as our youngest fell and others followed. My scene cards sit on my floor, awaiting the moment I begin a sequential run through.

Because I wrote the whole book out of sequence. And it was really fun.

Besides administering cough and cold medicine, I've been shopping online. This is good, because otherwise there might not be a Christmas around our house. I'm a big believer in not dragging contagious people to public places, and the Internet keeps me from engaging in hypocrisy, which must be bad for the soul.

I've also been given a clean bill of healthy by the surgeon, who explained that not only did he sew up three hernias when he opened me up, he sewed my abdominal muscles back together after their post-pregnancy continental drift. Good-oh. I see sit-ups in my future.

Probably after the holidays. Sigh.

But the good news is that Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is playing on the DVD player, so the holidays are really happening. And nothing cheers a girl up like Yukon Cornelius out for his life-sustaining supplies of corneal and gunpowder, ham hocks and guitar strings, in full-color since my spouse bought the DVD set to replace our sputtering, faded, decade-old VHS version.

Ho ho ho.

No comments: