Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Maggots Before Breakfast

And other unusual adventures in La La Land.
How's that for a book title?
Next one all funny fluff, no angst. Maybe. Possibly. Alright, just a little angst. I can't help myself.
Will there be a second epilogue for The Brides of March? Will the Brides be civilly united, if not married? Crossing my fingers, wishing on a star, reviving my odd optimism.
Next on the agenda: painting dogs long overdue.
Surviving the latest period of single parenthood as my spouse leaves town and sick kids start popping up like daisies after a rainstorm.
Delving into the pile of paperback old favorites I bought yesterday while tootling around town.

On the laptop: How to de-slut your daughter
On the easel: Noodles
On the art table: narrative non-fiction titles to study book blurbs, advertising copy and cover art
On the nightstand: Cat Among the Pigeons
On tape: Farrier's Lane
On my mind: My book, my kids, my dog who is sprouting gray hairs almost faster than me, my lack of time, my urge to drive to Vancouver Island for the summer and spend it in exile

No comments: