Sunday, April 01, 2007



The latest mockup of the cover is exciting enough, and now I'll be adding a blurb from Kate Clinton, humorist, fumerist, lesbian icon, and stunning example of why lesbians don't grow old, they get better. Bless you Kate for reading my book, and your kind words.

Needless to say, getting the book ready for publication has taken up all my time. Time I should have been writing for eHow.com, time I should have been painting dog portraits, time I should have been writing columns, paying attention to my wife and kids, and bathing on a regular basis.

But I should be done with the submitting part, and have only the proofing ahead. I hope.

In the painting department I can happily say that I completed Noodles the beautiful Labrador/hound mix (I'm guessing at her heritage), and will be moving onto a pair of lovely Bostons and maybe a Dalmation. Painting gives me unbelievable pleasure, and exercises that other part of my creative brain that isn't always looking for issues to pull apart or humorous angles to unpleasant situations.

I hope for much more to report soon. Thanks for your patience.

On the laptop: www.thebridesofmarch.com

On the easel: Azul the Great Dane, again

On the art table: Artograph Designer Projector, to begin sketching in a mural at the First Unitarian Church downtown

On the nightstand: Agatha Christie, Cat Among the Pigeons

On the mp3 player: Thunderstruck, by Erik Larsen

On my mind: A million things, the sun is out, the flowers are blooming, the dog is de-shedded (thanks to the Furminator), the book is really going to be published, yikes

No comments: