Friday, July 02, 2010

Half-Year Young Adult Literary Roundup

Okay, so December 31st I posted a list of my favorite Young Adult books. I was wallowing in them at the time, readying myself to finish my werewolf YA. That book is now bouncing around the agent universe, and I've been prepping myself to both work on the sequel and to editing the other YA novel I wrote a year and a half ago.

That YA is a "problem" and "relationship" novel, not a paranormal romance, so naturally I've been delving heavily into that specific genre. Here are my favorites for the twelve to fifteen year-old girl crowd:

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols. Not what the title implies. Compelling story. Intense characters.

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott. She's one of my new favorite authors. She's also the author of:
Perfect You
Something Maybe
The Unwritten Rule
They are love stories that illustrate how much parents' actions influence their children's lives. Good stuff.

Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. Road trip book. Good.
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. An excellent road trip book

The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell. Girls getting back at boys. Unexpectedly complex.

Wild Roses by Deb Caletti. I'll be reading more of hers.

Any recommendations for the teen crowd?

No comments: