Tuesday, March 06, 2007

They Start Younger Every Year

About a week ago I was doing my typical routine, running around madly, attempting to create order out of chaos, while our youngest--who had just turned four--was watching the movie ZOOM. For what it's worth, I think it is a cool movie, and delightfully age appropriate with not a beheading in sight. I ducked down to my basement office for a moment to a. check my e-mail, b. get a Diet Coke or c. turn over a load of laundry. When I came upstairs, our youngest son was scuttling back from the kids' computer (yes, we are a multiple computer house, my wife and I don't share well), so I asked him what he was doing at the computer.
"I'm checkin' Zoom out on the Internet" he tells me. And lo and behold, he has brought up Google, typed in "zoo" and while I am looking on in amazement, types in "m" hits Enter, and begins clicking on movie sites.
Can't leave that kid alone for a minute, before I know it he'll be checkin' out the Anarchist's Cookbook, and then I'm in trouble.

Countdown to publication continues: 89

On the laptop: looking up writers associations to network through
On the easel: Noodles the Labrador mix
On the art desk: a pile of memoir books for cover ideas
On the nightstand: The Unexpected Guest
On tape: umm, it's been so long I don't remember
On my mind: publishing The Brides of March, painting Noodles, clearing the chunks of buddleia out of the yard, blooming daphne, sunshine, real sunshine

No comments: